Date(s) - August 9, 2014
1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Target Audience: Girls who will be leaving for their first year of college at the end of this summer and their mothers
Welcome remarks at 1 p.m.
- Brief remarks by Dr. Larkin focusing on the challenges and solutions which accompany some of the biggest issues faced by college girls. Stress how crucial it is for young women to be aware, be responsible, and be prepared for the issues.
Panel discussion 1:10-2 p.m.
- One Q&A panel composed of UC Health providers and two second year undergraduate students (just completed their freshman year of college)
Open house health fair from 2-3:30 p.m.
- Tables set around the Women’s Center, one for each area of interest. (Stress and healthy living will be 3 separate tables concentrated into one space)
- Complimentary massage station/skin analysis/VISIA
- Priority scheduling for women who need to see a specialist before leaving for college